The spring season is approaching quickly and spring sports will be starting very soon. Here are several announcements as the spring season approaches:
1. Saline High School continues to be a leader in Interscholastic Athletics in the SEC and the State of Michigan. We are proud of our athletes, coaches and the community members that wear the Blue & Gold with honor and pride.
2. Again this year there will be no increase to our pay to participate fees for the 2016-17 year. A student-athlete at the high school will pay a one-time fee for the school year of $325. A student-athlete at the middle school will pay a one-time fee for the school year of $275. To help offset the participation fee, the athletic department is going to give every student-athlete that pays his/her participation fee a free Hornet Pass. The Hornet Pass will get the student-athlete into every home athletic event, excluding MHSAA Tournaments.
In addition, the athletic department will continue to offer scholarships or waivers for the participation fees. To receive the scholarship or waiver the student-athlete must participate in the free or reduced lunch program. The scholarship application can be found under the Pay to Participate drop-down bar at www.salinehornets.com. This information will be kept confidential between the family and the athletic department.
3. All student-athletes and their parents must fill out the participation form on www.salinehornets.com. This electronic form must be submitted before an athlete can participate.
4. All student-athletes must have a current physical (dated after April 15, 2016) on file to participate on the first day of practice/try-out. If you have any questions, please contact Saline’s athletic trainer, Jaime Corl, at(734) 401-4208.
5. Saline spring sports are scheduled to start the week of March 13. Here is a list of the sports you can expect to see in action along with contact information of the head coaches if you’re interested in joining.
Head Coach – Brian Boze (email@example.com)
Head Coach – Dana Rosselot (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Head Coach – Andy Bedell (email@example.com)
Girls Water Polo
Head Coach – Katie Card (Katiecard@gmail.com)
Head Coach – Eric Boyer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Head Coach – Alicia Seegert (email@example.com)
Head Coach – Scott Theisen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Head Coach – Fraser Christie (Fchrist2@emich.edu )
Head Coach – Ryan Crawford (email@example.com)
Boys Track & Field
Head Coach – Al Leslie (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Head Coach – Debbie Wiiliams-Hoak (email@example.com)
As always, the Athletic Department appreciates the support it receives from the Saline Community. Go Hornets!