The school year is approaching quickly and fall sports will be starting very soon. Here are several announcements as the fall season approaches:
1. We will continue to sell an athletic punch ticket. Each ticket will be good for 10 admissions into any Saline High School regular season athletic competition. The tickets will go on sale in August and will be sold for $40. The ticket can be purchased in the athletic office or at the ticket gate on the day of events.
Admissions into Saline High School athletic events will still be $5 for all spectators.
Admissions into Saline Middle School athletic events will still be $3 for adults and $1 for students.
We want our stands full and our fans cheering on our Hornets!
2. There will be no increase to our pay to participate fees for the 2013-14 year. A student-athlete at the high school will pay a one-time fee for the school year of $325. A student-athlete at the middle school will pay a one-time fee for the school year of $275. To help offset the participation fee, the athletic department is going to give every student-athlete that pays his/her participation fee a free Hornet Pass. The Hornet Pass will get the student-athlete into every home athletic event (excluding MHSAA Tournaments). This year’s Hornet Pass will be a punch on the student-athlete’s student ID card.
In addition, the athletic department will continue to offer scholarships or waivers for the participation fees. To receive the scholarship or waiver the student-athlete must participate in the free or reduced lunch program. The scholarship application can be found under the Pay to Participate drop-down bar at www.salinehornets.com. This information will be kept confidential between the family and the athletic department.
3. All student-athletes and their parents must fill out the participation form on www.salinehornets.com. This electronic form must be submitted before an athlete can participate.
4. All student-athletes must have a current physical (dated after April 15, 2013) on file to participate on the first day of practice/try-out. We are offering physicals on August 7th at the Middle School from 6-8 p.m. for $30. If you have any questions, please contact Saline’s athletic trainer, Jaime Corl, at 429-8000, ext. 2336.
5. Saline fall sports are scheduled to start the week of August 12th with the exception of girls’ swimming. Here is a list of the sports you can expect to see in action along with contact information of the head coaches if you’re interested in joining.
Boys Cross Country
Head Coach – Carl Spina (email@example.com)
Head Coach – Dana Restrick (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Head Coach – Andy Bedell (email@example.com)
Boys Water Polo
Head Coach – Katie Card (Katiecard@gmail.com)
Head Coach – Matt LeBlanc (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Head Coach – Lori Iraola (AAEquestrian@ezwisp.com)
Head Coach – Anna Cooke (email@example.com)
Head Coach – Joe Palka (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Girls Cross Country
Head Coach – Mike Smith (email@example.com)
Head Coach – Betsy French (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Head Coach – Todd Brunty (email@example.com)
Head Coach – Kenny Seiler (firstname.lastname@example.org)
As always, our Athletic Department appreciates the support it receives from the Saline Community.